Setup Your email account as a POP3 connection
1. Launch Outlook 2010
2. Select File from the top menu bar and then Info and Account Settings
3. On the Auto Account Set-up screen, click Manual setup or additional server types. > Next
Choose email service
4. Select Internet E-mail and click > Next
5. Enter all the relevant details (Select POP) and then click More Settings
- Outlook will auto-fill your user name, please ensure you fill in your entire email address as the username
Outgoing Server Settings
6. Click on the Outgoing Server tab and ensure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is selected, as well as Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
7. Select the Advanced tab
8. Check these settings:
- The Incoming server port for POP is 110
- Not ticked: This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- The Outgoing server (SMTP) port is set to 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection is None
9. Click OK, then Next and Finish.
10. Your Outlook mail program should now be set up to send and receive mail.