POPI refers to South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act which seeks to regulate the Processing of Personal Information.
Personal Information broadly means any information relating to an identifiable, living natural person or juristic person (companies, CC’s etc.) and includes, but is not limited to:
- contact details: email, telephone, address etc.
- demographic information: age, sex, race, birth date, ethnicity etc.
- history: employment, financial, educational, criminal, medical history
- biometric information: blood type etc.
- opinions of and about the person
- private correspondence etc.
Please note that should you remain subscribed to our newsletters, that you can opt-out of our e-mail communication at any given point in time.